Xpest Control Services offers the safe eradication of ants with teams servicing Alberton, Bedfordview, Benoni, Bryanston, Centurion, Fourways, Johannesburg, Kempton Park, Midrand, Pretoria, Pretoria North, Randburg, Sandton.
What they do – Black Ants, Sugar Ants, Red Ants Problems:
- Common areas for ants to nest and breed are usually large subterrianeal colonies made up of many hundreds of thousands in networks of tunnels
- The worker ants forage for food and water on a daily basis. These pests will enter our living and working space, and since only a relatively small percentage (5-10%) of the colony actually forages, spraying the foraging ants will ultimately have little to no effect overall
- The common black sugar ants do not cause any structural damage to property, and are quite harmless. They become an irritation and are seen as a pest when present in large numbers which can eventually grow and cause a need for Ant Control solutions
What you can do – Black Ants, Red Ants & Sugar Ants Prevention:
- Do not leave any food out, open and/or unattended on countertops for any length of time, and ensure no traces of anything sweet or sticky is left on surfaces i.e. spilled cooldrinks, crumbs etc as that will attract the ants.
- Ants breeding outside are commonly found in grass and garden beds that are dry, patchy and struggling. It is very unusual to find ant problems coming from thick, green, lush lawns and flowerbeds. They commonly prefer dry sandy soil, especially around paving areas.
- For the best long term results in eradicating ants from your property and from entering your home or office, focus your attention (and money) rather on boosting the health of your lawn by fertilising at least twice per annum. Also ensure any lawn is cut on a higher (longer) setting, and not very short, as some gardeners or garden services like to do.